Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Catch My Pain: Making My Invisible Illness Visible

I have this amazing app on my phone. It's called "Catch My Pain" and it does exactly what it sounds like. It allows me to track my pain very easily. I shade the areas of my body that hurt with a range of colors, the darker the red the more pain, yellow is little pain. It lets me write notes about my pain or body during that time and it has a checklist of what type of pain I'm experiencing.
It's a free app, but you can buy an extra feature that allows you to give a range of emotion, stress, and fatigue. I just make those notations in the "notes" section rather than paying for it. This app also allows you to list all your medications and when you take them. You can set alarms for taking any or all of the medications. And best of all, you can send yourself a printable collection of the whole thing to take to doctors. Or you can just email your info to anyone you want. It's amazing. 
So I took a bunch of screen shots and decided to share them here. It's basically one week's worth of entries. I like this concept in that it will allow my invisible illness to become visible in a way. But, this is only one aspect of my invisible illness. So keep that in mind, this is just a glimpse into the invisible part of my life.
Also, you'll see a LOT of different areas with pain. Some is caused by TOS. Some is caused by CFIDS. And some is caused by CRPS. If for some reason you find it interesting to know which is which, feel free to ask.   



 
 



 

  





  

   




 
 



 
 




 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment