Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Brief Updates From the Past Week

Hi. I haven't written because we've been busy, which also means I've been exhausted. Friday and Saturday we did lots of miserable yardwork to prepare for the arrival of the monster. 

Sunday was a busy day trip. We went to Salisbury and explored our old university. A lot has changed, but we have a lot of memories that feel like yesterday. 
Kevin suggested we park at one end of campus and walk. I reminded him of this chronic illness cat saying, we had a good laugh, and parked in a slightly more central lot. 

Our goal on campus was to find the Sammy statue; clearly we were successful. 
My arm wouldn't let me climb Sammy. I was pretty envious. LMAO at how the tried to make a Sea Gull look hard. 

Then we headed over to the real reason we were in town. 
I got a new tattoo covering my left forearm. It's a light brown that's supposed to look kind of like henna when it's done. I have the words "Pura Vida" on the wrist already, so this accompanies that. Of all the tattoo shops I've been to, this is the only artist who will do this style. It's because, as he says, tattoo artists are used to big drastic change, not subtle browns.

Then we stopped by HoCo to take the poodle. I haven't had him with me for two months. Way too long. 

I need THIS^ to get through life sometimes. I mean, wouldn't you? Look at that face. He's an angel. Except when he's killing and eating cicadas. 

I also got this card, from my bestiemoo. She always knows how to make me feel awesome. I think she knows how to make everyone feel that way, it's one of her gifts. For every ounce of social awkwardness I have, she knows how to connect with anyone. It's a great gift. 
I also had to officially resign from coaching my girls next year. I'm sure a lot of people guessed that was coming, but I planned on staying with them had I gotten better. I would've finished my last semester at UB and coached PHS soccer in the fall. I would've stayed with my parents during the week. Yeah, it would've been weird for me and Kevin, but he was supportive. He knew how much both finishing my degree and finishing one more season with this team were to me. 

I didn't even cry. I think I'm just so numb at this point, I'm accustomed to losing the things that I love, the things that defined me. So that's my week in a nutshell.

Tomorrow I start physical therapy, aka glorified stretching. I'm less than thrilled about it. I long for REAL exercise. Running down a field, receiving a cross and volleying it on goal. It's been a year now since I last played. Middle of June last year, when I broke my foot. As soon as that healed, my nerve stuff got bad. Let's hope it's not another year til I'm back at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment