Friday, June 14, 2013

Physical Therapy, Part 2

After my first PT session, I had a really bad night... As you know. So when I went to PT yesterday I told them about it. I said, "I know my one job while in here is to tell you if ANYTHING hurts, and nothing hurt during last session, but it was very bad after." We had a lengthy talk about it, and how some days I do have a bad day or night, just because. Or maybe the storms agitated it.

My therapist (well, student-therapist) had been planning on doing something slightly different this session, but decided we should do the exact same stuff and see if that caused a bad night again. If it did, we'd know that they needed to find a way to be even gentler, and they're already only doing Grade 1 stuff on me anyways. She said the one thing is if it causes a bad night, but then I feel some relief the next day, that's okay. "Sometimes neuro-mobes cause a slight flare-up, but then it feels better after."

Yeah, no relief today. But another bad night last night. I was up until nearly 3 am. At least this time I had enough sense not to try to tackle the stairs alone. I stayed in bed with my boys, until exhaustion took over and made me pass out. I guess next week in PT we're going to have to dial it back somehow. :(

Oh, and yes I still have all the sinusy/cold-like symptoms. But I'm still trying to avoid my 4th antibiotic in the last 6 weeks. I have to protect whatever miniscule immune system I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment