Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Fabulous Miz Bobbi Becker

I always love sharing what my awesome friends do to show how much they love me during these trying times. As I've said many time before, YOU GUYS make my world less small, and it seems to keep getting smaller.

A friend of mine recently sent me a card. Her message is simple, sweet, and perfect. Her handwriting is also perfect, and in case you were wondering, it's her own made-up calligraphy-esque font. (I once was at her house while she was addressing envelopes for a friend of hers' wedding because this font is that awesome & I volunteered for the job of envelope-licker. Privilege!) Even better is the card she mailed me is her own, meaning she is an artist (self-taught) and she makes these beautiful paintings. Then she turns them into prints and cards and other lovely things. So now I have not only a thoughtful card from someone who loves me, but a piece of true artwork.

Below are images I took of the card, her handwriting, and her message to me. It brightened up my day so much. But first I want to tell you a little more about the woman behind these. She is one of my soulsisters out there in the great big universe. She has a big ol' bear of a dog named Finnegan, and I used to foster a big ass bunny, also named Finnegan. At the time I met her, she and I were both living alone. She is, as all women are, the Queen of her castle. However her castle is a gorgeous house/cabin in the middle of her own enchanted woods. She is also the Queen of those woods. It was there she took me out to pick fresh raspberries to add to our morning cereal. We bonded over our love of dogs, quotes, passionate love, bad taste in men, and great sex. She is one of the Queens ruling her very own, co-owned boutique. She may well be the Queen of dreaming big and boldly and also of loving fearlessly and ferociously. And finally, she is the Queen of the penis game, even though she didn't even know what it was until I came into her life!

Without further ado, the art and love of the Oh-So-Fab Bobbi Becker:





 

 

In case you have a gifted enough eye (meaning you aren't blind) to see how ridiculously talented my dear friend is, here are all the ways you can track down her to peruse her prints or buy a birth certificate.
This is the blog for Foxxy Moxxy (a boutique that Bobbi co-owns)

No comments:

Post a Comment