Sunday, May 5, 2013

Real time

9:29 EST Sunday night, May 5, according to my iPhone.

Where I am going? Home.
From where? The ER
Why? Because my ankle is the size of a baseball.
Why? Because it's infected.

How did I get infected? Because I wore a pair of heels, and they rubbed my foot raw (as the price of beauty is pain).

How did it get SO swollen? Because I thought it was just a scrape and didn't feel the pain until it got SO bad because I'm on an obscene amount of pain meds already. This incident happened days ago.

4 comments:

  1. Stop wearing heels. You're already tall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heels were for modeling. Somewhat of a must!

      Delete
  2. Feel better soon!

    Just had a baseball for an ankle myself - 2nd degree sprain; needed more pain meds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! You've had a rough go lately! Prayers for your fast recovery!

      Delete